Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bahia Tenacatita, Costalegre


This is one of our favorite bays where we spent 12 days swimming and snorkeling in the warm, crystal clear water, playing bocce ball on the beach with a dozen other cruisers followed by cold cervezas at the palapa, and enjoying Friday evening fleet raft-ups with sundowners.

 


 For provisioning and laundry services, we made two trips across the bay to La Manzanilla where there are well-stocked tiendas selling fresh produce, dairy products and other staples as well as a butcher shop and a seafood market.  We discovered a small restaurant on the beach where we enjoyed meals under the palapa.  I was lucky enough to be buying groceries when I heard a mariachi band in the street.  I left my basket of groceries on the floor and raced outside to check it out.  Much to my delight, a cowboy and his bride were riding slowly through town on a horse followed by the mariachi band, and then by the wedding guests in their cars and trucks.  Locals and visitors alike stood out on the curb to clap and wish them well.  It was a special local tradition that I was thrilled to have witnessed.  


 
 
 


No comments: